How to Apply
IF YOU HAVE ALREADY REMOVED YOUR GRASS/TURF, YOUR PROJECT WILL NOT BE ELIGIBLE FOR THE PROGRAM.
What you will need
- Your water bill (3 months from application date)
- 3-5 photos of the project area
- A simple site plan (may be hand-drawn)
- A valid email address
How to Apply
- Read the Terms and Conditions for the Program as these contain the rules and regulations you must follow to remain eligible.
- Complete the online application on our get started page.
- The application package must include a copy of your water bill, 3-5 pictures of your project area, and a simple site plan.
- The Turf Removal Program is currently accepting waitlist applications for customers of some water agencies. Golden State Water Company and the City of La Palma are not accepting waitlist applications and their customers will not be able to apply to the program.
* All approved applicants must complete their project within 60 days from the date of their Letter to Proceed. The Program is currently accepting waitlist applications for customers of certain water agencies. Please visit the home page to see if your agency is participating. Applicants on the waitlist will be subject to the Program rebate levels, guidelines, terms, and conditions in place at the time the application comes off the wait list and moves to active status. If your application is removed from the waitlist and accepted into the program we will notify you by email.
- Once MWDOC receives the completed application and establishes eligibility, a site pre-inspection will be conducted within five weeks. This pre-inspection will be a formal site visit to measure your project area.
- The results of your site pre-inspection will be reviewed by MWDOC. If your site qualifies for the program, a Letter to Proceed will be emailed or mailed to you within five weeks. Follow the directions in this email. Failure to follow these directions may make your project ineligible. In either case DO NOT BEGIN YOUR PROJECT UNTIL YOU RECEIVE THIS LETTER.
- From the receipt of the Letter to Proceed, you will have 60 days to complete your project. This time frame includes having the mandatory post-inspection site visit scheduled.
- Begin your Project.
- Please read the Programs Terms and Conditions as these contain all of the Rules and Regulations. Failure to adhere to these Rules and Regulations will make your project ineligible.